Friday, March 15, 2013

Our Guest Designer~ Patricia

Our guest designer for this week is Patricia and she made this gorgeous Mother's Day card for our 'In the Air' challenge.  Welcome Patricia and thank you so much for being our guest designer this week!  You can see Patricia's winning card here.

Patricia, I think your Mother's Day card is simply perfect!  I love the black and white color combination and the bird and flower image is beautiful and your embossed black layer is perfectly finished off with your ribbon!  Please take a moment to visit her blog, click on her name below.



Hi!  I'm Patricia, and I am honored to have been chosen as the guest designer for this week's ABC Challenge!  All my life I've dabbled in some sort of crafts, but I first became addicted to stamping and card making about 12 years ago.  I'm fortunate to be on a couple of design teams and to have several past designer positions on my crafting resumé.  I love playing in challenges that stretch my creative abilities.  However, because most of my cards are donated to Operation Write Home so that our military men and women stationed overseas may write home to their loved ones, I tend to keep my cards in a style I call "clean and layered".  I don't use many big poofy or lumpy embellishments, but I don't mind having several layers of cardstock and/or designer paper on a card. 

I live in Virginia's gorgeous Shenandoah Valley with my husband and two teenage sons.   I work as a substitute teacher at the elementary school my sons attended when they were young. The flexible hours allow me a lot of crafting time on my non-working days. It's a pretty wonderful life!


 

Thank you so much, Patricia!  Remember, there's still time to play along with our challenge this week, the linky collection will remain open until Sunday 12 noon EST.  To enter your card in our challenge please see the post below.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Sheetal said...

It is such a beautiful card.Love the clean look.

Patty Gorka said...

Thank you so much for being our guest designer this week!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day card & I just love your color scheme!!! Congrats on being our Guest Designer!!!!!